Waterproof selfie stick is an essential GoPro accessory if you want to use your action camera in the sea, or in snowy/rainy conditions. A stick helps you to take photos of yourself even if you are alone, but it provides further advantages too: mounting your camera on a pole or hand grip allows you to move closer to your subject as well as gives extra stability. An underwater selfie stick is the best way to record every moment while snorkeling, diving, kayaking, surfing and any other water activity. Let this post help you to find the best ones!
Table of Contents
- Best GoPro waterproof selfie stick models
- Best GoPro Hand Grips
Best GoPro waterproof selfie stick models
Using a monopod is the best way of capturing cool pictures in your everyday life or while traveling. The latest GoPro cameras are waterproof up to a certain depth without an additional case, but to have the best setup, make sure that you mount it on a waterproof selfie stick.
Water, especially salty water damages metal parts even after a few uses, causes rusting and stuck screws. That’s why normal sticks go wrong after saltwater use.
It can be that you don’t not plan to use your monopod underwater, but it is good to know that rain and high humidity also might cause corrosion and damage. Therefore, best choice is to buy a waterproof selfie stick that you can use worry-free no matter the conditions!
Mounting your action camera on an underwater selfie stick is a big step to get better footage, but to know what professionals use to increase the video quality, read our GoPro accessories for diving and snorkeling guide.
Tip: Even if your accessories are waterproof, make sure to rinse them thoroughly after using them in salt water to get rid of sand and salt. If you don’t have an action camera at the moment, check out what GoPro is the best for snorkeling!
SandMarc selfie stick
This sturdy GoPro pole made of durable aluminium to be tough enough to withstand any weather conditions. Use it while snorkeling, diving, kayaking, surfing and even during your favorite winter activity. The aluminium thumb screw and tripod mount are designed to fit GoPro cameras.
- extra strong, durable pole with rubber rip
- special design to fit GoPro cameras
- high-grade aluminum material make this stick safe-to-use in water
- extendable between 17-40 inch
- extra remote clip included
You can use it as a stick in closed position, or as a long camera pole if extended (size between 17-40”). The rubber grip makes it comfortable to hold in hand.
AFAITH Professional waterproof monopod
Lightweight, extra-long, multi-functional extendable waterproof selfie stick with quick-release clips. This weatherproof monopod can be used not only with action cameras, but perfect as a waterproof selfie stick for phones and digital cameras as well.
- extra long pole for smartphones, action and digital cameras
- lightweight yet durable, made of high-quality materials
- fully weather resistant can be used while hiking, skiing, diving etc...
- extendable in seconds
With foldable tripod legs and extendable design, this pole is perfect for fixed and handheld shooting in any condition. The phone clip allows attaching your smartphone so it will be easy to frame your shot and helps to achieve simultaneously taking pictures with your camera and phone.
CamKix telescopic pole
2in1 waterproof pole that can be used as a handgrip and a floating selfie stick. It floats in the water so won’t sink. If needed, you can fill in the hand grip part with water to achieve neutral buoyancy.
- 2in1 selfie stick
- can be used as a hand grip or as a telescopic pole
- the hand grip part works as a waterproof compartment
- floats in water, bright color makes it visible
- includes a detachable cradle for GoPro WIFI remote
Otherwise, it can be used as a watertight compartment. The transparent material makes it nearly invisible in the photos when used as a pole! The separate transparent part is adjustable between 6.7’” and 15.7”.
Vicdozia extendable monopod
Portable and lightweight extendable pole that is compatible with almost all action cameras. Easy to carry in a backpack or even in your pocket. Safe to use indoor and outdoor. Although it is not a floating pole, thanks to the quality aluminium construction and rust-free screw, the Vicdozia selfie stick is perfect for wet use too.
- lightweight extendable selfie stick, perfect for traveling
- made of rust-preventing quality materials
- twist & lock easy extension system between 7.25 and 19 inch
- non-slip rubber hand grip and wrist strap for comfortable use
- compatible with GoPros and most action cameras
Soft rubber grip makes it comfortable, as well as secure to hold. Quick twist-and-lock system makes easy to use it as a handler or a longer pole. Size 7.25-19”.
Luxebell waterproof selfie stick ultra-compact size
The smallest telescopic selfie stick that fits even your purse or pocket! It is compatible with action cameras, iPhone, and other smartphones too.
- the smallest compact selfie stick that fits even your pocket
- for iPhone and Android phones, action cameras
- aluminum body that prevents rusting
- extendable by twisting up to 18.1 inch
Quick and easy twist-and-lock system makes the Luxebell stick easily extendable between 6.6-18.1 inch. Made from rust-free aluminum allowing saltwater use too.
GoPro 3-way waterproof tripod
A multi-use waterproof stick that functions as a camera grip, tripod or extension arm. The handle works as a hand grip too, moreover, there is a small tripod inside that can be used also on its own.
- 3-in-1 design
- Detachable handle to use as a grip
- Compatible with all GoPro cameras
- Size: 7.5-20 inches (19-50 centimeters)
When fully extended, the 7.5 inches long 3-way grip measures 20 inches. This official GoPro mount is designed for use in and out of water.
Best GoPro Hand Grips
If you find selfie sticks to bulky, but still want to mount your camera in order to get stable footage, buying a handgrip is the best solution! This small yet smart accessory not only provides you smoother footage compared to hand-help videos, but also keeps your camera afloat, so you won’t lose it anymore in the water!
A GoPro handgrip is like a compact and lightweight travel-size mini pole that can be used underwater, even in saltwater. There are simple plastic models available known as Bobber. The newest models come with a removable cup and are equipped with O-ring, which makes them functioning as a watertight holder too.
ProFloat waterproof floating hand grip
The ProFloat hand grip is a compact, 7-inch long easy-to-carry pocket-size floating waterproof selfie stick. The non-slip handle ensures a secure and comfortable hold. ProFloat Hand grip comes in a complete package with useful accessories like carabineer, wrist strap, J-hook and thumb screw. Thanks to vibrant orange cup, it is easily visible.
- floaty hand grip that prevents drowning
- non-slip foam handle for secure grip
- bright color makes it visible
- features waterproof compartment to store small valuables
- lightweight (only 80 grams) and compact size (7 inch)
The extra watertight compartment provides multi-use options: it keeps your small items like keys or coins dry, but you can fill it with water for neutral buoyancy while diving. To maintain the floating function, do not fill in with water!
The original GoPro floating hand grip is covered with non-slip coating for secure grip and waterproof up to 33 ft (10m). It is able to float any camera with BacPac accessories.
- GoPro Floaty designed to float GoPro with LCD touch or battery BacPac attached
- high-quality non-slip materials
- for a comfortable hold includes thumb screw that works as bottle opener too
- with adjustable wrist strap for extra security
The vibrant orange knob makes it visible in the water. This GoPro Handler comes with an adjustable strap and thumb screw.
Make your GoPro float! The Bobber is a high-visibility flotation device that keeps your camera afloat in the water, moreover helps to record a more stable footage. No need for adapters, the Bobber connects directly and it is compatible with all Hero cameras and can be used with BacPac accessories too.
- high-visibility floating hand grip
- compatible with all GoPro cameras
- rubber grip allows a secure hold even in wet conditions
- with carabineer and wrist strap attachment
With the included strap you can firmly secure it to your wrist, while the non-slip rubber grip guarantees the secure hold. When not in use, you can easily attach it to yourself thanks to the carabineer attachment.
MiPremium floating hand grip
This high visibility flotation device is designed for action cameras including the latest Hero models and waterproof cases too. The durable rubber cover prevents slipping and provides secure hold.
- fully waterproof floating hand grip
- ideal for water activities
- mounts directly to GoPro without adapters
- textured EVA non-slip grip
- available in highly visible colors for easy spotting
The MiPremium floating grip is fully submersible and waterproof up to 16ft/5m, therefore it is recommended for snorkeling, surfing and kayaking. The package includes a wrist strap to secure the floaty.
Inspired? Pin it!
"Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I'll make a small commission at no extra cost to you."