These GoPro accessories will significantly improve your underwater footage and making you feel professional! Do you own the latest GoPro Hero9, Hero8 or the previous GoPro Hero7/6/5 that are one of the best action cameras, capable to deliver you brilliant quality but are you still not satisfied with your videos and photos? If you always wanted to know how to make bright and sharp underwater videos, read this post!
Table of Contents
- How to make professional underwater footage with GoPro accessories?
How to make professional underwater footage with GoPro accessories?
Are you dreaming of high-quality, smooth underwater videos with vibrant colors? Well, dreaming won’t help you, instead of learning some tricks and start using waterproof GoPro accessories that are designed especially for underwater filming and photography.
Tip: With awesome features such as 5K videos and 20MP still photos, the latest Hero9 is definitely one of the best action camera choices for underwater adventurers. Read our full post on why is the Hero9 Black the best GoPro for snorkeling!
Hand grip for GoPro cameras
Sometimes we see people snorkeling with their GoPro just by holding it in their hand, but like this, you will get a very unstable footage as a result. You need to mount your action camera on something.
- the official GoPro floaty with non-slip grip
- perfect for surfing, kayaking and any water activity
- keeps your camera afloat in the water
- waterproof up to 33 ft (10 m)
The simplest, cheapest solution is buying a waterproof floating hand grip that will not only help you to get smoother videos but also keeps the camera afloat in the water. Some hand grips feature watertight compartment too where you can store your key, money or other small valuables.
Waterproof GoPro selfie stick
A more advanced version to mount your device on a waterproof selfie stick. Saltwater kills metal parts in a very short time, therefore, we recommend getting a durable waterproof selfie stick that you can use on land and underwater too. Thanks to the direct GoPro connection, such poles are compatible with all GoPro models including the latest Hero8 and Hero9.
- aluminum telescopic selfie stick
- with rubber hand grip for secure grip
- extendable up to 40 inches
- includes remote clip for GoPro remote
Using a GoPro selfie stick will give a better angle to your photos. Also, you can get closer to marine life while snorkeling or diving without disturbing them. Buy a transparent selfie stick so it can stay almost invisible on your photos!
GoPro camera tray
The professional solution! Buy a GoPro camera tray to shoot and film like the real professionals! This lightweight, but durable and though aluminum stabilizer diving trays will help to record more stable than ever!
- professional multifunctional tray for action cameras
- non-slip rubber grips for safe hold
- with accessory attachment points
- includes connectors, thumbscrews and wrist strap
Such accessories also give you the freedom to fix more cameras at the same time or adding extra accessories like a diving light or dome port (depending on the model’s construction).
Underwater GoPro light
Waterproof lights are one of the most useful GoPro accessories if you use to snorkel or dive in low-light environment. Waterproof lights designed for GoPro cameras can be easily attached since they come with the traditional GoPro mounting system.
- wide angle 500 Lumen 36 LEDs underwater light
- perfect accessory for snorkeling and scuba diving
- with 1050mAh rechargeable battery
- waterproof up to 147ft (45m)
A compact user-friendly solution buying a GoPro underwater housing with built-in LED light. Just put your camera in the case, and you are ready to go!
GoPro waterproof case
Although the latest GoPro Hero9 and Hero8, and even the previous Hero5/6/7 Black models are waterproof without additional housing, to be on the safe side we recommend buying a GoPro underwater house if you plan to film while snorkeling or diving.
- underwater housing for GoPro Hero9
- waterproof up to 60m/196ft
- made of high-quality materials,fits like a glove
Affordable waterproof cases can save your camera from water damage and also provide extra protection against external impacts. Good to know that some GoPro accessories only work when the camera is in the diving case, so always double-check if the accessories you buy can be used together!
Dome port for GoPro
Probably you have already tried to take half-half shots above and below the water simultaneously. And probably you failed like many of us. Well, here is the secret, a GoPro dome port is what you need! Using a dome port moves the water line away from the camera lens allowing you to capture split photos!
- dome port for GoPro Hero9 Black, other models also available
- wide angle lens for impressive half underwater photos
- with comfortable soft rubber handle
- includes scratch-resistant cover, anti-fog inserts and cleaning
But dome ports are not only good for taking half-half photos but also improve your deep diving photography too. Did you know that newest GoPro Dome models come with built-in switchable filters ? What a smart all-in-one solution! Read our tips on how to take half underwater photos with your GoPro!
GoPro Red filter and diving filter kits
Color correction on underwater videos is an essential skill that you have to learn if dealing with underwater footage on a daily basis. There are several photo and video editing programs you can use to balance the colors, but you might not have the right programs or the time to edit your footage. Good news that there is a simple solution that helps you instantly!
- filter kit for diving and snorkeling
- fits the original Hero8 and Hero9 housing
- includes red, light red and magenta for underwater color correction
Underwater color correction filters are one of the cheapest GoPro accessories but can make a huge difference! Always follow the instructions you find in your Red Filter kit since filters work the best at the specified depths. To learn more, see our review on how GoPro snorkel filter corrects the colors!
Macro filter for GoPro
You might have realized that GoPro cameras cannot focus on close objects, therefore, are not capable to shoot close-ups. This is very annoying when you think you recorded a great underwater video of tiny sea creatures but you get blurry footage only. Solve this problem by adding a macro filter to your GoPro accessories kit!
- 15X close-up filter for GoPro Hero 9 Black
- allows you camera to capture close-up pictures and videos
- optical glass with multi-layer coating
GoPro Screen protectors and water repellent coating
Simple, cheap but really useful accessories that will protect the sensitive lens and screen from scratches, dust, oil and also resist to fingerprints. These easily attachable, thin and almost invisible tempered glass foils add maximum safety. A smart extra feature that advanced lens protectors come with water repellent coating for clear, drop-free images!
- tempered glass screen protector for GoPro Hero 8 Black
- protects the camera lens and screen from scratch, dust and fingerprints
- includes 2 lens, 2 screen protector, lens cover, dust absorber and cleaning cloth
We know how annoying is when your footage is useless due to water drops on the lens…For us, this hydrophobic screen protector was the best solution that helped to keep the lens completely drop free!
A must-have thing your GoPro accessories travel kit should include! When playing around at the beach, surfing, kayaking or snorkeling it can happen that your camera falls down accidentally. Use a floaty that will keep it afloat so you will never lose it anymore!
- hard-rubber case to keep your camera afloat in the water
- leaves the screen viewable to review your footage
- bright orange color makes it easy to locate
- works with mounts, hand grips and selfie sticks
The traditional floaty can be attached to the backdoor. This is not really practical since it covers the screen, but luckily there are smart Floaty models available that leave the touch visible.
The best GoPro accessories when filming on land:
Inspired? Pin it!
"Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I'll make a small commission at no extra cost to you."