These GoPro accessories will significantly improve your underwater footage and making you feel professional! Do you own the latest GoPro Hero7, Hero6 GoPro Hero5 which are one of the best action cameras, capable to deliver you brilliant quality but are you still not satisfied with your videos and photos? If you always wanted to know how to make bright and sharp underwater videos, read this post!
- 1 How to make professional underwater footage with GoPro accessories?
- 1.1 Hand grip for GoPro cameras
- 1.2 Waterproof GoPro selfie stick
- 1.3 GoPro camera tray
- 1.4 Underwater GoPro light
- 1.5 GoPro waterproof case
- 1.6 Dome port for GoPro
- 1.7 GoPro Red filter and diving filter kits
- 1.8 Macro filter for GoPro
- 1.9 GoPro Screen protectors and water repellent coating
- 1.10 GoPro Floaty
How to make professional underwater footage with GoPro accessories?
Are you dreaming of high quality, smooth underwater videos with vibrant colors? Well, dreaming won’t help you, instead of learning some tricks and start using waterproof GoPro accessories that are designed especially for underwater filming and photography.
Tip: GoPro launched the new Hero7 series with an awesome feature called HyperSmooth in-camera image stabilization that made Hero7 Black the best GoPro for snorkeling!
Hand grip for GoPro cameras
Sometimes we see people snorkeling with their GoPro just by holding it in their hand, but like this, you will get a very unstable footage as a result. You need to mount your action camera on something. The simplest, cheapest solution is buying a waterproof floating hand grip that will not only help you to get smoother videos but also keeps the camera afloat in the water. Some hand grips feature watertight compartment too where you can store your key, money or other small valuables.
- the official GoPro floaty with non-slip grip
- perfect for surfing, kayaking and any water activity
- keeps your camera afloat in the water
- waterproof up to 33 ft (10 m)
Waterproof GoPro selfie stick
A more advanced version to mount your device on a waterproof selfie stick. Saltwater kills metal parts in a very short time, therefore, we recommend to get a durable waterproof selfie stick that you can use on land and underwater too. Using a GoPro selfie stick will give a better angle to your photos. Also, you can get closer to marine life while snorkeling or diving without disturbing them. Buy transparent selfie stick so it can stay almost invisible on your photos!
- aluminum telescopic selfie stick
- with rubber hand grip for secure grip
- extendable up to 40 inches
- includes remote clip for GoPro remote
GoPro camera tray
The professional solution! Buy a GoPro camera tray to shoot and film like the real professionals! This lightweight, but durable and though aluminum stabilizer diving trays will help to record more stable than ever! Also gives you the freedom to fix more cameras at the same time or adding extra accessories like a diving light (depending on the model’s construction).
- professional multifunctional tray for action cameras
- non-slip rubber grips for safe hold
- with accessory attachment points
- includes connectors, thumbscrews and wrist strap
Underwater GoPro light
Waterproof lights are one of the most useful GoPro accessories if you use to snorkel or dive in low-light environment. Waterproof lights designed for GoPro cameras can be easily attached since they come with the traditional GoPro mounting system. A compact user-friendly solution buying a GoPro underwater housing with built-in LED light. Just put your camera in the case, and you are ready to go!
- wide angle 500 Lumen 36 LEDs underwater light
- perfect accessory for snorkeling and scuba diving
- with 1050mAh rechargeable battery
- waterproof up to 147ft (45m)
GoPro waterproof case
Although the latest GoPro Hero5/6/7 Black models are waterproof without additional housing, to be on the safe side we recommend buying a GoPro underwater house if you plan to film while snorkeling or diving. Affordable waterproof cases can save your camera from water damage and also provide extra protection against external impacts. Good to know that some GoPro accessories only work when the camera is in the diving case!
- underwater housing for GoPro Hero 7 Black/ Hero 6 and 5 cameras
- waterproof up to 45m
- made of high-quality materials
Dome port for GoPro
Probably you have already tried to take half-half shots above and below the water simultaneously. And probably you failed like many of us. Well, here is the secret, a GoPro dome port is what you need! Using a dome port moves the water line away from the camera lens allowing you to capture split photos! But dome ports are not only good for taking half-half photos but also improve your deep diving photography too. Did you know that newest GoPro Dome models come with built-in switchable filters ? What a smart all-in-one solution! Read our tips on how to take half underwater photos with your GoPro!
- dome port for GoPro Hero7 Black, 6 Black, 5 Black, and GoPro Hero
- wide angle lens for impressive half underwater photos
- with comfortable soft rubber handle
- includes scratch-resistant cover, anti-fog inserts and cleaning
GoPro Red filter and diving filter kits
Color correction on underwater videos is an essential skill that you have to learn if dealing with underwater footage on a daily basis. There are several photo and video editing programs you can use to balance the colors, but you might not have the right programs or the time edit your footage. Good news that there is a simple solution that helps you instantly! Underwater color correction filters are one of the cheapest GoPro accessories but can make a huge difference! Always follow the instructions you find in your Red Filter kit since filters work the best at the specified depths. To learn more, see our review how GoPro snorkel filter corrects the colors!
- housing for diving, snorkeling, surfing and other water sports activities
- waterproof up to 147ft (45m)
- includes purple and red filter for underwater color correction
Macro filter for GoPro
You might have realized that GoPro cameras cannot focus on close objects therefore are not capable to shoot close-ups. This is very annoying when you think you recorded a great underwater video of tiny sea creatures but you get a blurry footage only. Solve this problem and add a macro filter to your GoPro accessories kit!
- 10X close-up filter for GoPro Hero 7 Black, Hero 6/5 and GoPro 2018 Super Suit housing
- 58mm optical glass macro filter
- lightweight yet durable aluminum alloy frame
GoPro Screen protectors and water repellent coating
Simple, cheap but really useful accessories that will protect the sensitive lens and screen from scratches, dust, oil and also resist to fingerprints. Easily attachable, thin and almost invisible tempered glass foils for maximum safety. A smart extra feature that advanced lens protectors come with water repellent coating for clear, drop-free images! We know how annoying is when your footage is useless due to water drops on the lens…For us, this hydrophobic screen protector was the best solution that helped to keep the lens completely drop free!
- tempered glass screen protector for GoPro Hero 7 Black, Hero 6/5 and Hero 2018
- protects the camera lens and screen from scratch, dust and fingerprints resist
- includes 2 lens, 2 screen protector, lens cover, dust absorber and cleaning cloth
A must have thing your GoPro accessories travel kit should include! When playing around at the beach, surfing, kayaking or snorkeling it can happen that your camera falls down accidentally. Use a floaty that will keep it afloat so you will never lose it anymore! The traditional floaty can be attached to the backdoor. This is not really practical since it covers the screen, but luckily there are smart Floaty models available that leave the touch visible.
- hard-rubber case to keep your camera afloat in the water
- leaves the screen viewable to review your footage
- bright orange color makes it easy to locate
- works with mounts, hand grips and selfie sticks
The best GoPro accessories when filming on land