Buy a waterproof case for iPhone X and enjoy taking photos in every weather condition even underwater while diving or snorkeling! Getting an iPhone diving case provides the highest level of protection against damages that can happen while an active day at the beach and makes your device safe to use in saltwater too.
- 1 Why you need waterproof case for iPhone X?
- 2 The best waterproof case for iPhone X
Why you need waterproof case for iPhone X?
You might think that iPhone latest flagships models are waterproof but the truth is that iPhone X has IP67 rating which means it is good up 3 feet and up to 30 minutes only. According to this data, iPhone X is considered rather water-resistant than waterproof. Moreover, this waterproof feature does not apply to saltwater! Salty water can cause immediate damage to your phone’s sensitive electronic, erodes metal parts, furthermore tiny particles like sand and salt might block the microphone and speaker. Warranty does not cover any saltwater damage so never take your iPhone in the ocean without a proper waterproof case! Buy a waterproof case for iPhone X and turn your smartphone into a though, all-rounder camera. This small investment will make your smartphone safe-to-use while snorkeling, diving or any other water sports activities. After the success of the iPhone 7/8 underwater housings, now a wide variety of waterproof cases are available for iPhone X model too.
Tip: if you feel real passion for underwater photography, enjoy spending long hours in the water observing the marine life and capturing sea creatures, we recommend buying a good waterproof compact camera!
The best waterproof case for iPhone X
There are 3 different types of waterproof iPhone cases on the market from basic to professional ones. Decide which is the best waterproof case for iPhone X for you by specifying your expectations and answer the following questions: how deep you want to take your phone, would you like to go snorkeling only and diving too, how long you want to stay in the water? Clarifying these questions will help you to choose between waterproof iPhone bag, waterproof case for iPhone X IP68 rated or a professional iPhone X diving case.
Waterproof iPhone bags
Phone dry bags are great to protect your valuables like money, room card or smartphone from sand, dirt and providing basic water protection too. Waterproof iPhone bag can be used while kayaking, swimming or any water activity, can save your phone if it accidentally falls into the water, but are not designed for underwater photography due to different reasons:
- touchscreen functions don’t work well underwater
- you can control the phone and take photos using the buttons only
- waterproof bag does not provide protection against pressure, sensitive displays may have some issues
The best-rated smartphone dry bags are JOTO waterproof case and MPOW universal waterproof bag.
- Waterproof phone bag that fits iPhone and Android phones up to 6”
- Universal dry bag for small valuables like room key, card or money
- Transparent cover on both sides allow all camera functions and touchscreen access
- Simple snap and lock system provides protection against water, dust and sand
- IPX8 certified high level watertight feature - waterproof up to 100 ft
- Extra neck strap included, available in a wide range of colors
- Universal smartphone waterproof case fits most iPhone and Android models under 6” screen size
- Dual side transparent cover allowing access to front and back camera too
- Fully submersible IPX8 rated waterproof bag to keep your phone, money, credit cards clean and dry
IPhone X waterproof case IP68 protection
IP68 certified waterproof case for iPhone X makes your device submersible up to 10-33 feet (3-10 m) depending on the model. They provide snow, dust and shock protection too. While in the case, you can still use touch functions as well as the buttons and cameras. Don’t let the elements stop you from taking photos! These cases can be used while any water activity including snorkeling and shallow diving too!
The best Apple iPhone X waterproof cases in this category:
- OUNNE iPhone X Waterproof Case
- OTBBA full sealed underwater cover
- Catalyst iPhone X case
- Lifeproof Fre case for iPhone X
Professional iPhone underwater case for diving
The best, most reliable iPhone underwater housings come with IPX8 certification and are waterproof up to 130-160 feet (40-60 m) depending on brand and model. IPhone dive cases are made for real adventurers: take your phone to any wet, rainy, snowy and other extreme environments. Although to get full protection, you need to give up on having full access to the phone functions. Usually, camera functions available, but you cannot use the touchscreen (please always see user manual since the options vary on each model)
HAWEEL iPhone X underwater housing
- depth rate: up to 130 ft (40m)
- use back and front camera, you can take photos or videos
- 1/4 screw hole for easy installation of underwater selfie sticks or tripods
AxisGo AquaTech iPhone Waterproof case
- the ultimate iPhone waterproof case for professional underwater photography
- depth rate: up to 33 ft (10m)
- fully functional with touchscreen
- interchangeable lens port system
- made from lightweight yet strong marine grade stainless steel to provide high level protection
MEIKON iPhone Diving case
- though polycarbonate case that is compatible with iPhone X/6/7/8
- depth rate: up to 16` ft (60m)
- optional wide angle port
- built-in magenta and red filter for underwater color correction
- no touchscreen access
Are you looking for an iPhone 7/8 waterproof case? These are the best ones: