After our Underwater camera under 100 USD post we are back with the second part of our underwater camera guide series. Now we are featuring the best underwater cameras up to 200 USD which category offers reliable outdoor and snorkeling cameras from the well-known, trusted brands. Nikon Coolpix W100, Panasonic TS-30 and FujiFilm Finepix XP80 – the best underwater cameras up to 200 USD!
How we choose – Best underwater cameras up to 200 USD
If you like to spend your free time outside especially around the sea and capture moments, you need a great waterproof camera! How do we select the recommended snorkeling cameras? First of all, recommendations are based on our own experience and friend’s feedback. We think honest reviews are the best that can lead to good business. We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and enjoy your underwater camera for long time. Therefore we spend long hours on research and comparing reviews so at the end we will be able to select you the best available offers. We hope our efforts will help you with your purchase. Let’s see now the selection of the best underwater cameras up to 200 USD!
Nikon Coolpix W100 – durable, easy-to-use compact at great price
Nikon is a trusted name if it comes to cameras. Coolpix W100 has the right to be among the best underwater cameras up to 200 USD. The company’s mid-range models have a stable position on the snorkeling cameras top list thanks to the great value for money. W100 is the new version of Coolpix S33 which was also a very popular, affordable waterproof camera. Nikon Coolpix W100 will be your reliable partner in any weather condition thanks to IP6X rating. Take it everywhere from the beach to the slopes! Camera can be used by all members of the family thanks to its easy operation. Sharp and clear images are guaranteed! For shooting in bright light, this model is equipped with a 2-stop ND filter. With built-in flash to illuminate subjects in dim lighting conditions.
- 13.2MP 1/3.1” CMOS sensor
- Full HD 1080p video recording at 30 fps
- ISO 125-1600
- NIKKOR 3x optical zoom lens (equivalent to 30-90mm)
- 6x with Dynamic Fine Zoom
- 2.7” 230k-dot rear LCD
- Waterproof up to 33 ft (10 m)
- Freezeproof to 14°F (-10 C)
- Shockproof from up to 6 ft (1.8 m)
- SnapBridge with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for instant image transfer and geotagging
- Contrast-detect AF system
- Electronic VR for crisp imagery
Panasonic TS30 Active lifestyle camera
Inexpensive rugged camera for outdoor adventurers. Model names vary in different markets: Panasonic TS30 or LUMIX FT30. Panasonic targeted the mid-range with this compact size LUMIX DMC-FT30. You get good (but not outstanding) quality photos and videos at an affordable price. The weather sealed body offers protection against major threats can occur while outdoor activities. Advanced underwater mode with red color reproduction makes Panasonic TS30 a popular model among snorkeling cameras. Another extra is the built-in torch/light. This function helps brighten up underwater images in low light conditions, but also very useful at night as a torch. Boost up your photos using Creative filters for extraordinary results!
- 16.1 MP sensor, max image resolution 4608 x 3456
- Optical image stabilization reduce blurring caused by camera shake
- 720/30p video recording
- 25-100 mm zoom
- creative panorama combines horizontal and vertical pano shots
- time lapse shooting
- additional 220 MB built-in storage for 34 images
- 2.7” screen
- Waterproof up to 26 ft (8m)
- shockproof up to 5 ft (1.5m)
- freeze proof up to 14 F (-10C)
FujiFilm FinePix XP80 – perfect all purpose camera with color reproduction
Fujifilm FinePix XP80 comes with all rugged protection that competitor snorkeling cameras have too. It is waterproof, freezeproof, shockproof and sand/dustproof. FinePix XP80 is highly recommended for underwater use: Fuji’s color reproduction technology will ensure that colors are reproduced exactly as they are seen by the human eye. From snorkelers aspect, this camera is a must among the best underwater cameras up to 200 USD!
Bright, clear LCD monitor with anti-reflective coating automatically adjusts brightness for excellent visibility. Interval shooting mode takes pictures at pre-set intervals (interval times 15,30,60 sec, 5,10 mins). This function is great for time-lapse photography of sunsets, opening flowers or other transitions in nature. 11 special photo filters lets you create cool photo effects. 4 of these 11 filters can also be used on videos too. Optical image stabilization reduces the blur that may occur when the camera is zoomed in.
Continuous shooting at up to 10 frames/sec. (max. 10 frames) or ultra-high-speed bursts at a maximum 60 frames/sec. (max. 70 frames*6). “Burst mode button” makes it easy to switch into shooting modes. 360 Motion Panorama mode produces stunning panorama shots. Safety function is the double-locking system to avoid accidentally opening of battery lid.
- 16.2 megapixel backlit CMOS sensor
- 2.7 inch LCD screen with anti-reflective coating
- Full HD movies 1080p/60 fps with one-touch movie button
- interval shooting with interval time 15,30,60 sec and 5,10 min
- Waterproof up to 50 ft / 15m
- Freezeproof to temperatures as low as 14 Degree F / -10 DegreeC
- Shockproof from up to 5.8 ft / 1.75m
- Dustproof and sandproof
- Wireless image transfer and remote shooting FUJIFILM Camera Remote app
- Continuous shooting mode
- SR Auto mode: intelligent scene and settings selection
- Motion Panorama 360
- 11 filter effects for photos, 4 for videos
FUJIFILM Camera Remote app
After installing the free app on your smartphone or tablet, you can enjoy the advantages of wireless image transfer. The Remote App will let you remotely shoot pictures from your smartphone/tablet allowing you to adjust zoom settings or switch to video mode.
Do you like some of the best underwater camera up to 200 USD but thinking about going more professional? Check out the Best underwater compact cameras 2019!