Buying educational toys for your kids is the best way to start early education. If you love the sea as much we do and are wondering how to teach the little ones to protect our waters, here we show you some good marine life books and ocean theme games for kids!
Table of Contents
Why are educational toys important?
It is said less is more and we absolutely agree with this if it comes to toys. Go back to roots: buy less, but valuable toys for the kids and spend more time together. Playing games together bring fun for the whole family. But educational toys not only provide children some happy moments but also have positive impacts on early development. We encourage you purchasing educational toys as a birthday or Christmas gift for kids over fancy, sometimes useless presents!
Benefits of educational toys
- motor skills development
- help children to explore and understand the world
- teach life lessons
- support creativity and imagination
- while playing together kids learn how to share and solve conflicts
- increase IQ, social and emotional skills
Best educational ocean toys
We build the future together and our planet faces serious problems. Climate changes, coral bleaching, and ocean plastic pollution are actual and urgent problems. Therefore, it is crucial to start your children educating about the importance of our oceans as early as possible.
When at the beach, get them a snorkeling raft or kids snorkel gear if they are big enough to use it and show them how beautiful creatures live in the sea. If they are too little to go snorkeling yet, read ocean-themed books or play ocean games together and start teaching them about the importance of protecting the environment while simply having fun.
No matter you look for gift for baby, toddler or bigger children, you can choose from a wide variety of ocean toys, board games and marine life books! Let us give you some ocean educational toys ideas!
Marine life books for kids
Coral Reef Coloring book Kids and also adults who love art and the sea will find this coloring book enjoyable. Creating your own colorful world of ocean creatures will provide the family with a lot of fun! The little ones can learn some cool facts about the fish, coral, and other creatures from the descriptions under the pictures. Recommended from 8 years.
- dive into a world full of colors through this awesome coral reef coloring book
- explore the undersea life through 44 drawings
- recommended for kids 8-14 years
Smart Kids Coral Reef Guide Do your kids have curiosity for sea life? Get a coral reef guide and learn together about sea creatures! The brightly colored photos will catch kids’ attentions while you can teach them some marine biology about fish and sea creatures. Moreover, this Smart Kids Coral Reef Guide is printed on paper from sustainable forests! Perfect ocean themed educational gift for children between 4-7 years.
- this Smart Kids Coral Reef guide is perfect to teach kids about the ocean
- easily understandable yet interesting facts about sea creatures
- stunning underwater photos
Jump into science: Explore coral reefs with Sylvia Earle What could be better than start exploring the beauty of the sea with Sylvia Earle? The famous American marine biologist, National Geographic explorer, author, and lecturer is inviting kids on undersea journey and introduces the importance of protecting corals. The best marine life book for kids! Age range: 4-8 years
- a perfect marine life book for kids to explore the ocean
- Dr Sylvia Earle explains how underwater ecosystems work
- the colorful illustrations will catch children's attentions
Ocean Board Games
Ocean-Opoly Board Game Did you like Monopoly? Then Ocean-Opoly will become a family favorite! This great educational ocean board game has all the fun of traditional property trading game but with underwater twists. Collect the most sand dollars and win the game! A highly recommended present for children but the whole family will have fun for sure. Age range: 8 years and up.
- an educational board game for sea lovers
- fun and interesting like Monopoly with an underwater scene
- recommended from 8 years and up
Ocean Bingo Board Game Interesting fun and educational ocean board game designed for the whole family. Younger children will love the colorful pictures, older ones the challenge of racing to get bingo! From the descriptions on the back each cards, everyone can learn interesting facts about marine animals! Recommended from 3 years to 15 years.
- a fun educational board game designed for the whole family
- 42 card with detailed information about sea creatures
- discover the underwater world through colorful pictures and get Bingo
Octopus Garden Board Game An entertaining way of showing the beauty of the sea for the little ones! In this ocean board game, the players buy corals and sea creatures to attract fish into their underwater garden. They will be introduced into marine science and learn about anemones, octopus and seahorse. The player with the most attractive garden wins the game!
- tile laying board game for 2-4 players
- create an own beautiful underwater garden
- kids will learn marine facts about corals and other sea creatures
Petit Collage Ocean Babies Puzzle It is a proven fact that puzzles present many benefits for children as they develop and are considered one of the best educational toys! Such a wonderful way of having fun while developing physical, cognitive, and emotional skills as well as developing fine and gross motor skills and hand-eye coordination. This easy beginner puzzle for kids between 2-6 years with 3, 4, 5 and 6-piece figures that are printed with non-toxic, vegetable based ink on recycled paper. A challenging yet fun sea themed game for the little ones!
- an easy yet fun puzzle for the little ones in the shape of marine animals
- develops kids motor skills and creativity
- puzzle made from non-toxic materials
Mudpuppy Ocean Search Puzzle This 64 pieces puzzle is a fun 2-in-1 educational game for children between 4 and 7 years. Learning by playing: after completing the marine life puzzle, the kids can find and name the sea creatures in the picture!
- 2-in-1 64 pieces ocean animals puzzle
- complete the puzzle and find all the creatures
- kids safe materials: soy-based non-toxic ink printed on recycled paper
Ravensburger Ocean Turtles Puzzle Bigger children can move on to this more advanced ocean puzzle. This 200 pieces jigsaw turtle puzzle is precision made, high quality and durable. Family fun is guaranteed while developing skills such as concentration and creativity.
- advanced 200 pieces ocean life puzzle
- develops creativity and concentration
- top quality material, precision made product
Ocean toys for kids
Dew Drops Ocean Explorers Sensory Kit Great ocean themed educational toy at great price! Recommended for kids from 6 years who need help with developing sensory processing. The colors are specifically selected to provide a deep sea adventure. Hunting ocean creatures in the beads adds extra fun as well as help to reduce stress.
- 4 oz of beads in the colors of the sea and 15 different ocean toys
- teaches the kids about marine animals as well as reduces stress
- non-toxic, safe material
Baby Einstein Sea Dream Does the sound of the sea make you calm? It makes babies too! This Baby Neptune plays soothing sounds and provides motion, lights to help the baby fall asleep or staying calm during nap-time. Perfect gift for newborn babies! Easy installation, fits on most crib rails.
- ocean sounds calm and help babies to fall asleep
- 25 minutes of gentle sounds and light effects
- adjustable light and volume, suitable for newborns too
Edushape Ocean Drum Introduce the world of music to little ones with gentle ocean sounds! Edushape Ocean Drum was designed to fit babies small hands and suitable for their sensitive hearing. Babies will explore the concept of cause and effect while using hands to move beads. Ocean Drum develops fine motor skills too, nice and useful aquarium themed birthday gift idea for kids!