If you feel the breathing through your mouth uncomfortable, do not be sad, the Decathlon has invented The Easybreath , a super mask and snorkel combo which could be your perfect partner on your adventures !
Snorkeling is a funny and easy sport. If you learn well how to use your gear, it will be naturally to breath on your snorkel. If you snorkeling with normal mask and snorkel, you could breath only through your mouth. At the beginning, it could be a bit unnaturally, but you will get used it quickly.
The Decathlon Easybreath is a full face snorkel mask let you to breath through your nose and your mouth naturally like on the surface.
Notice : this is a surface mask, not suitable for freediving because of two simple reasons : there is more air in this full face snorkel mask than a normal mask, and because of the pressure the mask could be uncomfortable underwater. If you freedive, you should compensate the pressure through your nose. You hold your nose , blow out until yours ears pop. In this mask you are not able to hold your nose, so you can not compensate the pressure in this way. Always use the Decathlon Easybreath just by snorkeling on the surface!
Other features and benefits of the Decathlon Easybreath :
– 180° field of vision
– Shatterproof polycarbonate window,, hypoallergenic silicone seal
– Anti-fogging system : the breath ventilation system prevents fogging. The Easybreath is suggested in waters over 18 C . The fresh air breathed in is projected onto the front window before reaching the nose or mouth, it works as the ventilation of a car windscreen.
– Easy dressing :comfortable textile straps fix the mask on your head and do not pull your hair out
– Dry Top System : top valve stops water entering on the top of the snorkel. This systems helps to hold the mask dry inside even in choppy water.
– Purge valve at the bottom drains the water Useful tips by choosing you Decathlon Easybreath and maintenance :
– The mask is available in two different sizes. It is the same as by traditional snorkel masks, you should find the right size otherwise the mask will let the water in. Never buy without trying! Fix the masks with the straps tightly but cosily. Men with long beard could find the mask uncomfortable because it won’t fit correctly, it is suggested to shave yourself before trying or using the mask.
– Avoid letting your Easybreath to come into contact with sand. The sand can make scratches on the window and clog the smaller gaps, the parts of your masks won’t match correctly.
– Always clean the mask after using ! Rinse in fresh water and store in a soft bag or a snorkel net bag. Never dry your gear in the sun ! To protect the silicone and rubber parts always let your masks ( and your other gear as well ) in the shadow!