Snorkeling is a funny and easy sport. If you learn well how to use your gear, it will be naturally to breathe through your snorkel. If you use a normal mask and snorkel, you could breathe only through your mouth. At the beginning, it could be a bit unnatural, but you can learn the technique quickly. If you feel breathing through your mouth uncomfortable, do not be sad, you might try Decathlon Easybreath full face mask! Decathlon has invented Easybreath, a super mask and snorkel combo which could be your perfect partner on your snorkeling holidays!
Features and benefits of the Decathlon Easybreath
The Decathlon Easybreath full face snorkeling mask allows you to breathe through your nose and your mouth naturally like on the surface.
- 180° field of vision
- Shatterproof polycarbonate window,, hypoallergenic silicone seal
- Anti-fogging system: the breath ventilation system prevents fogging. The Easybreath is suggested in waters over 18 C . The fresh air breathed in is projected onto the front window before reaching the nose or mouth, it works as the ventilation of a car windscreen
- Easy dressing: comfortable textile straps fix the mask on your head and do not pull your hair out
- Dry Top System: top valve stops water entering on the top of the snorkel. This system helps to hold the mask dry inside even in choppy water
- Purge valve at the bottom drains the water
Notice: this is a surface mask, not suitable for freediving because of two simple reasons: there is more air in this full face snorkel mask than a normal mask, and because of the pressure the mask could be uncomfortable underwater. If you freedive, you should compensate the pressure through your nose. You hold your nose, blow out until your ears pop. In this mask you are not able to hold your nose, so you can not compensate the pressure in this way. Always use the Decathlon Easybreath just for surface snorkeling! Lately, safety concerns raised up related to CO2 buildup in full face masks. Before buying your Easybreath, read about full face snorkeling mask safety to know the potential dangers and how to avoid copycat products.
How to choose Decathlon Easybreath mask?
The mask is available in two different sizes. It is the same as by traditional snorkel masks, you should find the right size otherwise the mask will let the water in. Never buy without trying! Fix the masks with the straps tightly but cozily. Men with long beard could find the mask uncomfortable because it won’t fit correctly, it is suggested to shave before trying or using the mask.
Avoid letting your Easybreath to come into contact with sand. The sand can make scratches on the window and clog the smaller gaps, the parts of your masks won’t match correctly.
Always clean the mask after using! Rinse in fresh water and store in a soft bag or a snorkel net bag. Never dry your gear in the sun! To protect the silicone and rubber parts always let your masks ( and your other gear as well ) in the shadow!